Welcome to the platform: “From fragility to resilience through decent work”, a virtual space to build an evidence base on what works (and doesn’t) to promote decent jobs and economic development in fragile settings. We invite you to share and discuss best practices & brilliant failures, studies & publications and training & capacity building opportunities relating to the promotion of decent work in situations of fragility.
The platform “From fragility to resilience through decent work” is developed for policy makers and development practitioners working in the promotion of decent work in situations of fragility caused by conflict, disasters and widespread violence.
The supporting initiative for promoting decent work in situations of fragility is held by the International Training Centre of the ILO.
“Conflict, violence and peace both shape and are shaped by the economy. The need and desire for access to and control over resources has always been a cause of conflict” as stated by International Alert in 2015; conversely, societies are more likely to prosper and be peaceful if people have fair access to livelihood opportunities and services. It is therefore now widely recognised that the fostering of inclusive economic development and the promotion of decent work in situations of fragility are central to overcoming conflict and violence.
This platform invites users to access and contribute content relevant for facilitating the transition from fragility to resilience through the promotion of decent work. It specifically addresses policy makers, humanitarian and development practitioners as well as students and academics who work on fragility related topics. The platform is being hosted and supported by the International Training Centre of the International Labour Organization (ITC ILO) and the ILO.
The portal revolves around three key functions:
- Knowledge Management: by providing a distinct entry point for a global community of practice on addressing fragility, the platform will foster cross-project learning & inter-project knowledge transfer; by becoming a dynamic content-aggregator across the subject, it will achieve an increased network connectivity and boost mutual learning through the sharing of experience.
- Training: an entry point for training opportunities being offered worldwide and online.
- Resources: a comprehensive, ever-growing collection of online resources, documents, videos on the topic of job creation in fragile states as well as material illustrating the phases of projects undertaken under this umbrella.
By registering, you will gain access to our resources. We will keep you informed on new content, and you will get the opportunity to share your own, by posting comments, contributing to the development of our case studies and Voices From the Field, and participating in forum discussions, webinars, and much more. Registration is completely free of charge.
- Follow news
- Explore case studies and projects implemented in fragile states
- Contribute with publications, events, news, and opportunities
- Connect with a community interested in developing policy and implementing practical experiences to support the transition from fragility to resilience through decent work