Title: Academy on Social Dialogue and Industrial Relations
Date: 26 November – 7 December 2018
The Academy on Social Dialogue and Industrial Relations will provide a unique opportunity to become familiar with the latest trends and developments concerning tripartite social dialogue mechanisms, collective bargaining and dispute resolution systems. Participants will personalize their own two-week course by choosing from several electives, and will benefit from an innovative and dynamic learning environment.
Officials from labour ministries; representatives of employers’ and workers’ organizations; members and staff of tripartite social dialogue bodies; officials from labour dispute resolution systems; ILO officials; officials of the UN and intergovernmental organizations.
At the end of the Academy, participants will be able to:
- Identify enabling conditions for effective social dialogue and industrial relations;
- Refer to key international labour standards as tools for promoting social dialogue;
- Describe and discuss trends and different modalities of social dialogue and trends in industrial relations;
- Analyse good practices of social dialogue and industrial relations from different regions;
- Review the experience of tripartite social dialogue and industrial relations in their own countries and discuss how to strengthen it;
- Formulate recommendations to strengthen their national institutions of tripartite social dialogue and industrial relations at all levels;
- Establish contacts with experts and practitioners in the field of social dialogue and promote sound industrial relations for further cooperation and networking.