Title: Promotion of youth employment in fragile settings
Date: 7- 11 October 2019
The course provides participants with a range of integrated approaches, tools, methodologies and case studies used in real-life situations to promote youth employment and decent work in situations of crisis including armed conflict, natural disasters, rapid environmental degradation, and forced displacement of persons. This year the course will explore best international practices on how to promote access of youth refugees, asylum seekers, returnees and host communities to the labour market.
Government officials, social partners and development practitioners working in complex crisis (including natural disasters, armed conflicts, rapid environmental degradation and forced displacement of persons) with an interest to integrate the youth in the labour market and to promote peace and resilience.
Participants will broaden their knowledge on the course topics with the guidance of the course faculty.
- ILO’s normative and operational response to build peace and resilience and theory of change from employment to peace through decent work
- International good practices on fostering labour market integration of youth with a special focus on refugees, asylum seekers, returnees and host communities
- Promotion of market driven livelihoods opportunities for youth in the labour market
- Profiling of target groups, territorial analysis and sectorial analysis for labour market integration
By gaining knowledge on a wide array of notions, methods and tools to promote decent work and youth employment in situations of fragility, participants will be able to:
- Reflect on current good practices and experiences on the labour market integration of youth in fragile settings
- Comprehend the labour market challenges and opportunities to foster youth employment in fragile settings;
- Envision feasible and sustainable strategies to promote youth employment in fragile settings
- Get engage in potential partnerships and south-south collaborations to promote youth employment in fragile settings